Ethan has years of experience teaching students ranging from 5 to 75 years old, in-person and online! He focuses on building a strong foundation of musicality for his students, making sure they understand music emotionally, theoretically, and technically. Each lesson is meant to be fun, exciting, and challenging.
- Piano Skills (Beginning/Intermediate/Advanced)
- Playing Songs: Pop, Jazz, and beyond!
- Music Theory
- Harmony (beginning pop harmony, jazz voicings, upper-structure harmony)
- Improvisation (Beginning/Intermediate/Advanced)
- Ear Training (the skill of recognizing musical ideas "by ear")
- Sight-Reading Skills (Beginners)
"Ethan is a wonderful piano instructor! He is caring and attentive, and will tailor lessons around the learning desires of his student. I enjoyed Ethan's personal approach, his genuine love of music, and the unique way that he approached every lesson - focusing on both "hearing" music and playing music. He is perfect for both beginners and advanced players. I highly recommend!"
"I am a 70 year old woman who has never played the piano before, and Ethan has an intuitive sense of how to completely engage a newcomer with direction, guidance, challenge and enthusiastic support. I have learned so much in such a short time, my musical future beckons with excitement and promise."